Reflections on the future of citizenship, technology and humanity
- Fourth revolution of fuman self-understanding (Floridi, 2016): humans are (no longer) the most intelligent entity on the planet;
- Discoveries in neuroscience: human consciousness is a myth; new material for old quarrels over about freedom of will, the problem of Other Minds;
- Consciousness/life as information; humans as complicated algorithms (to be deciphered, copied, emulated, downloaded, upgraded);
- Upgraded humans: enhancing bodies and minds through genetic manipulation, computer-brain interfaces, mind uploading; post-humanism;
- Human-machines mixing: computers simulating brains, brains extended by artificial networks;
- Godly humans (death of carbon death) v superintelligent machine(s).