- Citizenship Forecast: Partly Cloudy with Chances of Algorithms. In Debating Transformations of National Citizenship, IMISCOE Research, Springer.
- The Governance of Citizenship and Belonging in Europe and the European Union. In A. Weinar, S. Bonjour and L. Zhyznomirska, The Routledge Handbook of the Politics of Migration in Europe, Routledge.
- The ethno-demographic impact of co-ethnic citizenship in Central and Eastern Europe. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies.
- Revision of the Community Code on Visas. Briefing, European Parliament, European Parliamentary Research Service (EPRS).
- Acquisition and loss of citizenship in EU Member States: Key trends and issues. Briefing, European Parliament, EPRS.
- EU asylum, borders and external cooperation on migration: Recent developments. In-depth Analysis, European Parliament, EPRS.
- European Agency for the operational management of large-scale IT systems in the area of freedom, security and justice (eu-LISA). Briefing, European Parliament, EPRS.
- Citizenship and Technology. In Shachar, A., R. Bauböck, I. Bloemraad and M. Vink eds, Oxford Handbook of Citizenship, Oxford University Press.
- Reproducing the Nation: Reproduction, Citizenship and Ethno- Demographic Survival in Post-Communist Romania, Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies 43(9).
- Comparative Report: Citizenship in Central and Eastern Europe. Global Citizenship Observatory (GLOBALCIT), European University Institute.
- Introduction: Citizenship in Post-communist Eastern Europe. Special Issue of Central and Eastern European Migration Review 6(1).
- European information systems in the area of justice and home affairs. In-depth Analysis, European Parliament, EPRS.
- Interoperability of European information systems for border management and security. Briefing, European Parliament, EPRS.
- Revision of Schengen Information Systems for Law Enforcement. Briefing, European Parliament, EPRS.
- Revision of Schengen Information Systems for Border Checks. Briefing, European Parliament, EPRS.
- Use of the Schengen Information Systems for the Return of Illegally Staying Third-Country Nationals. Briefing, European Parliament, EPRS.
- European Union Agency for Asylum. Briefing, European Parliament, EPRS.
- (with Vonk, O. W, M. Vink and G-R. de Groot). Benchmarking Protection Against Statelessness Worldwide. In L. de Waas (Ed) Solving Statelessness. Wolf Legal Publishers.
- ( with Roots, L). E-Citizenship Opportunities in the Changing Technological Environment. In Kerikmäe, T. and A. Rull, eds, The Future of Law and eTechnologies, Springer.
- Anticipatory minority rights for majorities turning into minorities. VerfBlog, Berlin.
- (with R. Bauböck, eds) Bloodlines and belonging: Time to abandon ius sanguinis? Working Paper, European University Institute. Reprinted in Debating Transformations of National Citizenship, IMISCOE Research, Springer.
- Super-foreigners and Sub-citizens: Mapping Ethno-national Hierarchies of Foreignness and Citizenship in Europe. Ethnopolitics 14(3).
- Welcome to E-stonia! E-residence and Citizenship in an Electronic Republic. EUDO Citizenship, European University Institute.
- Nationality, Citizenship and Ethno-National Belonging: Preferential Membership Policies in Europe. Palgrave Macmillan.
- External Citizenship in European Union Countries. Ethnic and Racial Studies. 37(3).
- The Facebook test of Romanian citizenship. EUDO Citizenship, European University Institute.
- Romania: Access to Electoral Rights. FRACIT Report, EUDO Citizenship, European University Institute.
Rolling Back History: The Romanian Policy of Restoration of Citizenship to Former Citizens. CITSEE, the University of Edinburgh.
- The Politics of Electoral Statistics in Romania. EUDO Citizenship, European University Institute.
- How Illiberal Are Citizenship Rules in European Union Countries? Working Paper, EUDO Citizenship, European University Institute.
- Five Comments on Citizenship Policies in CEE Countries. In: A. Liebich and R. Bauböck, eds, Is There (still) an East-West Divide in the Conception of Citizenship in Europe? EUI Working Paper 2010/19, European University Institute.
- Citizenship Regulations in Eastern Europe. Acquisition of Citizenship at Birth and through Regular Naturalization in Sixteen Postcommunist Countries. CEU Political Science Journal 2(4).